WHAT ARE THE CURRICULUMS AVAILABLE IN ABU DHABI SCHOOLS?
Abu Dhabi education system offers fifteen different curriculums: American, Bangladesh, British, Canadian, French, German, IB (International Baccalaureate), Indian, Iranian, Italian, Japanese, MoE (Ministry of Education), Pakistan, Philippine and Sabis.
MoE Curriculum is taught in all public schools and all the fifteen curriculums are taught in the private schools.
You can check specific information about each curriculum in our curriculum directory.
WHAT ARE THE GOVERNMENT ENTTIES REGULATING THE EDUCATION IN ABU DHABI?
Public education is managed by the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the private education is overseen by the Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK).
Ministry of Education mission is to Develop an innovative Education System for a knowledge and global competitive society, that includes all age groups to meet future labor market demand, by ensuring quality of the ministry of education outputs, and provision of best services for internal and external customers.
ADEK’s main role is to develop the education system in Abu Dhabi, and promote a culture of creativity, sustainability and excellence, with focus on developing human, social and economic capabilities
As per Law No. (9) for 2018, ADEK seeks to achieve its objectives through the following mandates:
- Develop the strategies and action plans for the education sector in the emirate, approve these plans by the Executive Council and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor the commitment of all entities under the Department of Education and Knowledge in implementing education sector’s strategic and action plans.
- Monitor and supervise expenses, revenues, commitment to duties and mandates, and endorsement of strategic and implementation plans of all entities under the Department of Education and Knowledge.
- Regulate the education sector through developing policies, standards, systems, resolutions, operational and executive circulars.
- Monitor the education sector in accordance with applicable by-laws, agreements, and MOUs with local and international stakeholders, in coordination with the concerned entities.
- License all private education entities and monitor their commitment to provide a high-quality service in accordance with current regulations and in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Recommend fees, charges and rates, and submit the same to the Executive Council for approval in accordance with the applicable procedures.
- Develop periodic reports and study analysis about issues related to the Department of Education and Knowledge mandates and report them to Abu Dhabi Executive Office.
- Encourage investment and partnerships with private sector for projects relevant to the Department of Education and Knowledge.mandates and in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Other mandates or tasks assigned by the Executive Council.
- For more information, please refer to ADEK website: www.adek.abudhabi.ae