DOH – Abu Dhabi has announced that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is now available via walk-in at more than 100 vaccination centres across Abu Dhabi emirate.
A statement issued by the Abu Dhabi Media Office on Friday said the vaccine is available for all unvaccinated citizens and residents aged 12 and above.
Healthcare officials have noted that taking a vaccine shot offers protection to children against the infection as they make a gradual return to schools during the next academic year.
Who cannot take the Pfizer-BioNTech jab in Abu Dhabi
- Participants of Phase III of the clinical trial
- Children under the age of 12 years
- Recipients of single or multiple doses of any other COVID-19 vaccines
- Pregnant women
- People with certain conditions based on evaluation of the medical team.
- People with severe allergic reaction to any component in the vaccine.
To find your nearest vaccination centre on the map below.