Share this post
The Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities (DPM), provides public transportation services in Abu Dhabi with brand-new, world-class bus fleet and accessible to people of determination; operating in Abu Dhabi City and suburbs, Al Ain and the Western Region.
Using Buses in Abu Dhabi
All buses serving domestic routes within Abu Dhabi city are operated around the clock, every day and the government is constantly improving the connections and frequencies on other routes.
The buses are designed to have separate sections for men and women, men section is placed at the back and women sections are placed immediately behind the driver.
Frequent commuters can get”Hafilat” Smart Card from accredited selling points in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi intercity buses start from the central bus station and link Abu Dhabi City with Al Ain, Liwa and Ruwais, as well as buses to Dubai or Sharjah which run from the main bus station.
Bus Network Maps and Timetables
To view the list of network maps and timetables for local bus services within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, click here.
Park and Ride
The Department of Transport in Abu Dhabi launched Park and Ride initiative in order to contribute in reducing traffic congestion in Abu Dhabi.
Using Abu Dhabi park and ride service makes every individual a responsible member in the society and helps the Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities achieve the following objectives:
- Reducing congestion and the need to build more roads or expanding road capacity.
- Transitioning motorists away from private transportation to other modes of transportation.
- Minimising the environmental impact caused by private transportation within Abu Dhabi city.
- Reducing the demand for parking space; particularly in CBD.
Now commuters can reach Abu Dhabi Down Town within 15-20 minutes. Two Park and Ride express bus routes (A and B) have been designated to pick-up/ drop-off Park and Ride commuters from Zayed Sports City to main locations in down town area as follows:
- ‘Route A’: Currently operating from Zayed Sports City to Abu Dhabi Municipality and its surrounding area.
- ‘Route B’: Coming soon and will operate from Zayed Sports City to Al Mamoura Building and its surrounding Area.
In addition to assisting in achieving the above mentioned goals, there are numerous benefits and advantages while utilising the free Park and Ride service in Abu Dhabi, offered by the Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities:
- Reduced traffic time and finding a parking space in congested areas within the city centre of Abu Dhabi.
- Reduced daily travel cost; fuel, car maintenance, parking, etc.
- Providing secured car park facility.
- Enjoying a comfortable ride and free WIFI connection on the shuttle.
Last updated: 04/06/2020 06:08:17 م