What is the Disease?
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus, ﬁrst identiﬁed in a cluster with pneumonia symptoms in Wuhan city, Hubei province of China. Most of the cases were epidemiologically linked to the seafood and animal market.
How is the virus transmitted?
- Novel Coronavirus strains are spread from person to person through contaminated droplets from a person who is sick with the illness (through coughing or sneezing) or contaminated hands.
- The virus can spread through touching an infected surface.
- The incubation period extends from 1 to 14 days (that means the amount of time from being exposed to the virus to showing symptoms).
The symptoms are:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Is there any treatment for COVID-19?
The treatment of COVID-19 depends on enhancing the immunity level of patients, treating the symptoms and easing complications, as there is no speciﬁc treatment for the virus to date.
Is there a vaccine against the Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Currently there is no available vaccine that protects against novel coronavirus.
When should I wash my hand?
- After coughing or sneezing.
- After toilet use.
- When hands are dirty.
- After handling animals or animal waste.
- before, during and after you prepare food and before and after eating.
- When caring for the sick.
How to greet people while having respiratory symptoms such as a cough and a cold?
- Avoid shaking hands and just wave.
- Avoid hugging or kissing others.
- Avoid nose-to-nose greeting.
Procedures for those arriving to the UAE:
Anyone travelling to the UAE from abroad should commit to a home quarantine period of 14 days and follow the instructions of relevant authorities. Violating home quarantine procedures, leaving their houses, and exposing the lives of others to danger shall be punishable by law.
Originally posted 2020-06-04 15:08:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter